Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One Day

First thing. If you're wondering where the title of this blog comes from, it's from an old Simpsons episode. I think most of you know the Simpsons, but it's basically a legendary cartoon show about a family and their adventures.

I don't know what I'm allowed to link, but you can find a clip on youtube that explains the whole thing. Just search for "the goggles do nothing" and you'll find a few clips.

One hour of thinking of a title for my blog and that's what I came up with. Sad, I know.


Okay, so I've been listening to this song called "One Day" by Matisyahu like nonstop for the past few days. I have a tendency to do that, just listen to the same song over and over again, literally. I have about 30 songs on my ipod (and that's more than usual for me). But anyway, it's a great song, amazing message set to a beautiful, catchy theme and background music. Again, I'm not sure what I can link, but you can youtube him and check out his stuff. This song is just awesome for me right now, really uplifting and encouraging - something that I think we need sometimes in this crazy, craaaaaazy world of ours.

The message of that song also reminded me of this:
























(image taken from http://www.reallyfunnystuff.org/)


When I see things like this, I think to myself "If these two can find a way to make it work, then human beings have no excuse."

Until next time friends...

6 comments:

  1. That episode was hilarious! "Watch out, Radioactive Man!" Anyway, I think that one hour to think of your title was one hour well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the image. I love animals. It made me think that we can become friends with those that we feel are our enemies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Simpsons are lightning in a bottle. That Groening guy deserves the Nobel Prize or something.

    I also like a one-song loop to get caught in for a while. It's my preferred way of writing. It's easier to think when the atmosphere is consistent, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute picture if it's not photoshopped! I'll watch the episode later ahhh soo busy these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good point about the pic being photoshopped, I never thought about that. I don't think it was though, and I've seen a couple of clips on youtube with rats and cats getting along just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I hear you about the one song thing, when a new song comes on I start singing along with it and thinking about the lyrics. That just makes my concentration go to zero.

    ReplyDelete