Sunday, May 30, 2010

Random Thoughts

Wifey wants to go to the beach tomorrow. Will it help to do 1000 sit-ups tonight, or is that just wishful thinking? Probably futile, one workout won't make up for all of those french-fries, potato chips, wheat beers and Trader Joes fried frozen foods (curse you eggplant patties and breaded chickenless nuggets!)

Hansen's raspberry soda, the best soda I've tasted in my life so far. No high fructose corn syrup, not too overpowering, just a delicious soda. I have to limit myself to one a week though.

Went to a grocery store the other day, an "international" grocery store called "Assi". Maybe some of you have heard of it. Couldn't stop joking about the name. Still can't stop.

Saw about 500 bicyclists on the road a few days ago. I think they were shooting a film. Stopped traffic wherever they went, literally. Drivers on the road that night in that area had the privilege of idling away (while our cars were idling) for 5-10 minutes while the bikers rolled by. I love the idea of biking, but not when it's that many people causing that much trouble.

Friends graduation is coming up in two weeks or so. She said not to get her anything, but maybe she's just saying that. I can't think of an appropriate gift, maybe a card and a gift card.

Then our other friend, who is in danger of losing that label from my perspective, refuses to let our dog stay at her shared apartment for a period of four days so that my other visiting friend (the dog's previous owner, coming from Oregon) can spend time with him. The dog literally does not make any noise, does not pee or poop in house and basically does not make you aware of his existence 95% of the time. First "friend" has a roommate (her cousin) who is okay with it. As time passes this is making me more and more upset. In fact, typing this out is starting to get me riled up.

I should have made that a separate blog, I cannot see the reason for why she is refusing to let our dog stay there. It's to the point where if she doesn't budge, I will shun her for the rest of time.

Anyway, until next time.

2 comments:

  1. The grocery store you named "Assi", it is Korean grocery store on Oxford and 8th and means 'lady'. "Assi" is just phonetically written in English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy, I know where the store is. I went there! Thank you for translating that though.

    ReplyDelete