Friday, June 18, 2010

Milk vs. Dark

My friend and I had a discussion about Dark Chocolate, which I prefer and strongly believe to be far superior to Regular, or Milk Chocolate.

Dark chocolate is from my perspective, the grown-up's chocolate. It's like a fine wine, coffee or beer, all beverages which only adults should be consuming. One must develop a taste for it. That's why children typically prefer milk chocolate, that much too sweet, overpowering, jealous little sister of Dark Chocolate.

Milk chocolate is for beginners and novices. Dark chocolate is for, what I like to call, "advanced users".

Also, there are many dark chocolates that do not use any animal ingredients. This is important because if I had a choice, I would always prefer to avoid having cow milk in my foods, especially considering the excessive use of Bovine Growth Hormone. The same cannot be said of Milk Chocolate, which by it's own admission, contains Milk!

And finally, Dark Chocolate just tastes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment